There’s an abundance of photos these days. Thanks to smartphones, it’s very easy to take photos and send to friends and family. It’s for that reason that computers are filed up with a ton of photos these days. Just take a good look at your Mac. You probably have a ton a as well.
So, what can you do with all these photos? You certainly don’t want to delete them. Most of them are probably memorable souvenirs of the past but what if they’re all scattered in your Mac?
Well, you could organize your photos in a slideshow. That is a creative way to organize them, don’t you think?
Creating a slideshow is also a good way to show off your photos to friends and family. They wouldn’t have to deal with so many photos all at the same time. The best thing about creating a slideshow is that all the photos are saved in just one file.
Luckily for you, it’s easy to create a slideshow on your Mac.
Making a slideshow on a Mac through the Photos app is a simple and quick process. In your slideshow, you’ll be able to customize things like slide transitions and background music.
Once you have selected all the photos for your slideshow, follow the 6 steps below to create an awesome photo slideshow on your Mac.
1. Go to the Launchpad (the rocket ship icon in your bottom toolbar) and select the Photos app.
2. Select your photos (by clicking on the first one, then press and hold the Command key and click each subsequent photo you want in your slideshow).
3. In the top toolbar, select “File,” then “Create,” then “Slideshow,” and finally “Photos.”
4. Add your slideshow name – this will appear at the beginning of the slideshow, so you may wish to change it from the suggested date-based name Apple will give it – and click “Ok.”
5. You can change the theme (like sliding panels or vintage prints), as well as the accompanying music and slide transitions, by clicking the icons on the right side of the slideshow.
6. When you’re ready, click “Export” to change the saved location of your new slideshow, otherwise you’ll be able to access it through the “My Projects” section of Photos.
If you need to reorder your photos, that’s an easy task: Just click and drag each photo into the position you prefer.
Below are the steps to follow so that you can play the slideshow.
You can select the theme and music for instant slideshows, but other than that, they aren’t customizable. Here’s how to make an instant slideshow:
1. Open the Photos app and, if necessary, click “Photos” in the sidebar, followed by “Moments” (located in the top toolbar of that window).
2. Select some photos within one “Moment” (these are separated out according to date) — again, you’ll need to click the first photo, then hold the Command key down while selected each additional photo.
3. In the top toolbar, click “File” and then “Play Slideshow.”
4. In the pop-up slideshow window, select the theme and music.
5. Click “Play Slideshow.”
You now know how to create and play a slideshow on your Mac. What better way to show off your photos, right?
Seriously, creating a slideshow is the best way to organize all your photos. You can categorize all your photos per slideshow. Instead of saving all your photos in different folders, you can just save them in one and categorize them per slideshow. That way, you’re only dealing with one folder. That’s going to make your life a lot easier especially when you have to look for a certain photo. (Believe me. Been there, done that.)
There’s no doubt that the photos in your Mac are precious. Well, at least, most of them are. You wouldn’t want lose them, would you? Of course not!
Make sure you have backup of your photos. As a matter of fact, make sure you have backups of all your files on your Mac. You’ll never know what can happen to your Mac, especially to its hard drive.